Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process through which a website can rank on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP) in a free, organic or natural way. All the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing have their initial search results. And SEO objective is to be on the top of that result page when someone searches within a related term.
Search Engines rank their results like web contents, videos, images based on what they believe to be relevant to the searched term.
The most vital point of SEO is that it is a non-advertised method. Mostly it is considered to be a freeway though it is maybe partly correct.
There are several stages in SEO. In some of those stages, we need to achieve a better result. After all, no one will give us all information for free. But again it is not as much expensive as advertisements. But it will surely cost us time and energy.
Types of SEO
Search Engine Optimization can be categorized into two different parts.
1. Organic SEO
Organic SEO is the unpaid & natural ranking build up SEO. It is controlled and guided by the Search Engine Algorithms. Keyword research, keywords analysis, backlinks, page contents, image optimization, multimedia optimization are some of the different tasks performed by the organic search engine optimizer.
Organic SEO should be divide into 2 categories.
- On-Page SEO
Regarding search engine optimization, on-page optimization refers to aspects that have an outcome to your Web site or Web page indexing in usual search results. These things are managed by you or by coding through an algorithm on your page. Examples of on-page optimization are Meta tags, keyword research, keyword placement, optimized content, optimized images and keyword density including actual HTML codes.
- Off-Page SEO
In terms of search engine optimization, Off-page optimization refers to aspects that have a result of your Web pages and site listing in usual search results. These things are off-site in that means they are not managed by you or the code through algorithm on your site. Examples of off-page optimization include things like do follow and no follow linking, link popularity, forum posting, guest blogging and social bookmarking.
2. Paid SEO/PPC
Organic SEO involves all the link building and on-page, off page optimization activities, the purpose of which is to gain good rankings in organic search, while Search engine marketing (SEM) is everything else you pay for, such as Pay-per-click (PPC) traffic. You might ask if this means that paid links belong to Search engine marketing (SEM).
In Search Engine Land (SEL), we provide paid search to promote information and news in a many ways which are given below
- All Pay-per-click (PPC) News & contain includes verified product features and announcements from the major search promote platforms covered by our editorial staff, plus expert analysis and real-world counsel from in contributor network.
- Paid Search is in the section that is obedient to practical tips and method about paid search ads.
Paid search marketing include following things:
- Behavioral Targeting
- Mobile Search
- Pay Per Call
Depending on implementation methods there are two types of SEO
White Hat SEO
When anyone creates their website by following all rules and regulation of Google, they should follow some techniques which are called White Hat SEO. These are the right technique for creating any website. As we do white hat SEO, search engine prefers our website, and it satisfies the users. In SEO, its weight cannot be described in words. This technique makes our site so strong.
When we create any website, we always want to see our website on the first result page. If we do White Hat SEO properly, we can see our website on the first result page gradually. Those persons, who want to make a lifelong investment on their website, should follow the rules of search engine algorithms.
In other words, without white hat technique, we cannot be sure to survive long. If we follow black hat technique instead of white hat technique, our sites can be penalized by Google and other search engines. This will cost in our website being dropped out of search engine results pages. If people cannot find our website easily, we will have fewer visitors. Therefore our website value will decrease.
If we want to create our website by following White Hat SEO, we should follow the rules of search engines. Currently, Google Panda 4.2 and Google Penguin 7 (also known as Penguin 4.0) are ensuring ranking of only those websites which are following Google Webmaster's rules. So if we keep our websites updated with these algorithms, we can ensure the longevity of our websites.
Black Hat SEO
When anyone creates their website avoiding the rules and regulation of search engines to be top in the search results, it is called black hat SEO. This is the Illegal technique for optimizing any website. Black hat SEO method can damage the reliability of our online resources.
When someone uses black hat technique on your website, it may result to come up among the search results for a short time. But as soon as search engines seize its fault, it will be penalized. It will make the website's value to be decreased.
After having penalized a website once, it cannot found in the result page anymore. In another word, it is said that this technique is deadly for our website.
Characteristics of Black Hat SEO, which we should be aware of:
- It does not follow the search Engine rules and regulators.
- It makes bad user experience.
- The content which is not presented ethically in a different visual or non-visual to search engine spider and search engine users.
Another one is hiding somewhere in between the white hat SEO and black hat SEO. That SEO is the happy middle ground between white hat and black hat. When White Hat SEO takes a long time to implement, Blackhat easy escape with chances of penalties, Grey Hat SEO comes.
It can produce dramatic results in the search engine rankings if implemented properly. However using these tactics can also increase the risk of penalties for websites.
But without proper knowledge, there will always be a chance of being caught or having negative impacts.
Why SEO is Important
The importance of Search Engine Optimization or why we need SEO for a website cannot be explained with plain words. SEO is like the heart of a website. If taken care properly, it will ensure an infinite lifetime of a website.
Nowadays, in this spirited market, SEO is essential than ever. Search engines provide tons of users every day looking for answers to their desired questions or for a way out to their problems.
If you are an owner of a website, blog or E-commerce site, SEO can assist you to develop your business and fulfills the business goals.
Search engine optimization is most important because:
- Most of the search engines users like to click on one of the top 5 ranked pages in the search engine results pages (SERPS), so to get the benefit of it and gain more traffic to your web pages you need to be in the top position.
- SEO doesn’t mean only about search engines, but good SEO performs to get better user interface and a user-friendly website.
- Users believe search engines and contain an existence on the top positions for the keywords the users are searching, enhance the web page and site’s belief.
- SEO is best for the social advertising of your website. Customers who can get your website by searching Google, Yahoo are more expected to promote it on Youtube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and other social Medias.
- SEO is essential for the spontaneous running of a big website. Web sites with more than one writer can be beneficial for SEO in a direct or indirect way. The direct benefit is growing search engine traffic, and the indirect benefit is getting a common platform to use before posting and publishing content on the site.
- SEO can place you to the lead of the competition. If more than one websites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized website is more liable to get more customers and increase sales.
On the other hand, if treated carelessly without caution, our website cannot survive in the competitive world of networks. Listed below is the few importance of SEO:
- To take the website within everyone's reached.
- To increase more traffic, rank development SEO is a must.
- SEO helps to increase the popularity.
- It helps to increase visitors on our website
- SEO serves as a better method for online earnings. Because when a site is born, nobody knows about the functions of that site. So that if the website wants to visitors, ranking up the website, it must have an SEO expert working on behind it.
- Information exchange by using internal linking & external linking.
- SEO serves as a solid foundation in the competitive online market
- SEO increases traffic on the website by serving more information, more contents, relevant contents, page links, feature images, content relevant, attractive images, multimedia, etc.
- Required information/contents can be shown to the visitors by implementing SEO.
- SEO increases visitor's engagement.
- SEO helps to earn from Google Ad Sense.
- An online advertisement, earnings, online marketing everything depends on optimization. Without optimization, a marketer/freelancer cannot survive in this competitive market.
After knowing we can say search engine optimization is essential, not optional anymore.
Since it doesn’t take lots of attempts to obtain small numbers of the basics right, it can destroy your online presence within a minute if you don’t.
If you want to get started with SEO friendly website, this is the time to start keyword research. Before you writing your contents you need to do market analysis, keyword research then optimizes the basics contents, follow keyword prominence using your keywords and regulate your proper description.
You should also know about Google Search Console & Google Analytics to improve your site presence.
Should read: How to use Google Search Console step by step guide.
After knowing all this surely you will think twice before you post your content and you must be changing your attitude to SEO.